The following rules have been established by the Board of directors of the Robin Hill Pool Neighborhood Association to ensure the safe and sanitary operation of the pool facilities and to provide for the protection and comfort of members and guests. Parents are advised to caution their children to observe these rules and to obey the instructions of the pool managers and staff. The Pool Board welcomes all comments and suggestions. All complaints must be submitted in writing to a member of the Pool Board of Directors.
1. Normal pool hours are:
Monday through Thursday 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday 1 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday/Sunday .Noon to 6 p.m.
Private pool parties may be scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays from 6 to 9:30 p.m.
2. The pool shall remain open during the regular scheduled hours except for maintenance or when health and safety are an issue. The decision of the Pool Manager(s) is final on closing the pool.
3. The pool shall be closed if the temperature is below 75 degrees and/or if lightning or rain is present or threatening.
4. Friday nights are family nights, which means all children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult between the hours of 6 p.m.-10 p.m.
1. Pool members and minor children will be issued an ID tag. All members must have tags in their possession at all times. (We prefer you wear them.) If membership cannot be verified, the swimmer will be asked to leave immediately. Please notify the Pool Manager(s) immediately of lost tags. Tags are not to be loaned to non-members and will be forfeited if they are. Members who violate this rule are subject to having their membership revoked (this decision will be made by the board of directors) and no refunds will be issued.
2. The Association is not responsible for accidents or injury to members or guests.
3. The Association is not responsible for loss or damage to personal property. Facilities for checking clothing or valuables are not available.
4. Adult members are responsible for their children and for their guests. Damage to any Association property will be charged to the member family. If a guest does damage, it will be charged to the member family registering the guest.
5. A child issued a “Child/Day Care” membership must be under the supervision of the caregiving member while at the pool.
6. At no time will a child under the age of 7 be allowed into the pool without a parent, caregiver, or guardian.
7. Phone calls from the pool office will be allowed for children to arrange for rides home. There is a limit of one minute per phone call.
Rules of Conduct:
1. No hitting!
2. No profanity will be tolerated.
3. No children are allowed on the lifeguard stand, in the pump house, or in the lifeguard office.
4. Parking is not permitted on the concrete drive in front of the pool.
5. Roughness, rowdiness, abusive language, or other conduct affecting the safety and comfort of others shall not be permitted!
6. Any non-prescription drugs, illegal narcotics, tobacco or alcohol seen being brought onto the pool premises by minors will result in immediate contact of parents and/or the police department.
7. No article or property of the Association shall be removed from the pool premises.
8. No PDA (public displays of affection) will be allowed at the pool -- that includes kissing, touching, groping, nuzzling, cuddling, etc. -- either inside the water or out.
1. Each member is permitted guest privileges. However, all guests must sign in and pay the appropriate guest fees ($5/day for guest over the age of 4). No person may be a guest more than five times in one season. Guest fees must be paid at the time the guest is signed in. There is no limit to the number of guests in one day.
2. Guests must be accompanied by a member who must remain at the pool as long as the guest stays on the pool premises.
Health and Safety:
1. Everyone who is going to swim must shower before entering the pool.
2. Swimmers may not wear oil-based suntan/sunscreen products.
3. Glass containers are prohibited anywhere on pool property. No glass!!
4. No person having any obvious communicable disease, skin eruption, cut, sore, or lesion, or ear, nose, or throat infection shall be admitted to the pool area.
5. No hair accessories are allowed in the water.
6. Spitting or spewing of water, blowing the nose, or any other similar activities are prohibited in the swimming pool.
7. All diving shall be done off the end of the diving board, unless permitted by one of the lifeguards. Only one person is permitted on the diving board at a time.
8. Hanging on the pool-dividing rope is not permitted.
9. No running, pushing, wrestling, snapping towels, or causing other undue disturbances is permitted.
10. Inflatable and styrofoam objects are allowed in the main pool and in the baby pool as long as they don’t interfere with other guests enjoyment of the pool. Lifeguard discretion will be applied.
11. No gum! It gets caught in the drain and clogs it up.
12. No peanuts in shells or sunflower seeds in shells. The shells get in the pool and they end up in the filter.
The following guidelines are in place for disciplinary purposes:
1. First offense: verbal warning.
2. Second offense: benching or suspension to work detail.
3. After three suspensions, or one grievous offense (hitting, Pool Manager(s) discretion), the Manager(s) will notify the parents of the child and the offender and his/her parents may be required to appear before the Pool Board.
1. For use by children ages six and younger only.
2. Any child not toilet-trained must wear a swim diaper.
3. Children using the baby pool are the responsibility of the individual’s parent or designated adult. No child may be left unattended or unsupervised at any time.
4. A lifeguard does not watch the baby pool; parents are responsible for their child’s behavior and safety.
1. No one under the age of 16 is allowed in the lower pool area during break periods (with the exception of lifeguards). This time is reserved for adults who would like a few minutes of undisturbed time.
2. Children five and younger are allowed in the main pool during rest breaks only if each child is accompanied by a parent/guardian who is in the water. Otherwise, all children must exit the lower pool area during rest breaks.
1. No pets are allowed inside the pool gate.
2. The Pool Board and/or the Pool Manager(s) may institute other rules as may be deemed necessary or appropriate.
3. Private Pool Parties are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Parties will be held between 6 p.m-9:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
4. For pool party rates and reservations, visit the Robin Hill Pool website: http://www.robinhillpool.com. If it is sprinkling, cool, and cloudy with no signs of lighting/thunder, the pool party will proceed. The only exception is inclement weather, as determined at the discretion of the Pool Manager.
Download the Pool Rules here: 2017 Pool Rules